Necklaces: Kendra Scott "Lizzie" and Kendra Scott "Jayce" | Cold shoulder top: Bobeau | Pants: Express | Heels: Valentino
1. Layering accessories: specifically necklaces. I don't feel bad buying necklaces at any time of the year because I can wear them year round, vs. buying cut off shorts right now that I may not be able to wear for much longer. And if you buy necklaces with layering in mind, you can continue to create new looks with your "old" summer pieces by mixing and matching necklaces.
2. Something trendy: specifically cold shoulder tops. I'm all about them right now. This one is almost sold out but this off the shoulder number from Express comes in a few colors and is equally as awesome! (See it on me here.)
Top: Express | Neckaces: Kendra Scott "Elisa" and Kendra Scott "Phara" (gifted) | Booties: Hinge (old) (shop more cognac booties here!)
3. All the booties! You should know that my Nordstrom anniversary sale booties have been restocked in all sizes here! Because of work travel, I do end up wearing my booties year round because they're the most manageable footwear when I'm on the go. But if you saw yesterday's post, you can see I'm fully embracing booties regardless.
Top: Halogen | Necklace: BaubleBar | Jeans: Express (similar) | The classic pump: Vince Camuto "Kain" (white pump option here)
4. The classic pump: If you just can't get yourself to do booties yet, then just revamp your pump collection! The "Kain" style is perfectly comfy! The shape isn't super super pointy, the heel height isn't sky high, and it's at an affordable price point. Also, please don't stop wearing your white pumps after Labor Day! I for one, will not! This Charles David version is a good alternative to my Kains!
Top: Charming Charlie | Necklace: Kendra Scott "Phara" (gifted) | Perfectly destroyed skinnies: American Eagle | Pumps: BCBG
5. Perfectly destroyed skinnies: OK, let's be real. I love them year round. I've even worn them in the dead of winter a few times because I'm not scurred. Of all the pairs I own, I think these get me the most compliments. They're also my favorite just because the fit is so freaking perfect. And even though they are classified as "cropped," the length is perfect on my 5'-2" self.
Print top: BCBG (old) | Leggings: Express | Pumps: Vince Camuto "Carlotte"
6. Dust off your favorites: True story, I've had this top for a long time. I can't even remember when I got it. It is the first recorded #caryleetopview outfit I've ever taken; 104 weeks ago to be exact. (See it here.) When the seasons are transitioning, I use that time to dust off old favorites because then it feels like pieces are 'new' to me again, which helps curb the urge to shop for more summer pieces that I don't need.
Hopefully some of this resonates with you guys! If all else fails, just buy all the nail polish and focus on painting your nails and not the fact that your toes will soon not feel the light of day for MONTHS. Ok, that's way harsh, sorry. You could also do some online shopping and take advantage of the crazy Labor Day sales! If you need inspiration, all of my recent purchases can be seen on my "Shop with me" tab above! Have a great long weekend!!!
SHOP THE POST: